We all love a bit of downtime, and giving your children regular breaks from staring at a screen all day is vital. It is important, however to ensure that a good balance of activity is incorporated into daily life, especially during this time.
"When children and young people participate in active play this can boost physical activity in many children and young people, especially if they live a sedentary lifestyle. Being active helps them develop fundamental movement skills such as coordination and balance, can assist in their mental health and burn off calories."
Play Scotland, 2020
At Danesholme Infant Academy we actively promote Outdoor Learning.
How many of these activities can you complete before February half term? Be sure to let us know how you get on and you can also send in pictures that might get included in our newsletter or Tweets!
Nursery and Reception children - please take some photos and add them to Tapestry for your teacher to see.
Year 1 and Year 2 children – please take some photos and add them to your Teams notebook.
- Collect leaves in your garden and then try to identify them by researching them online.
- Bird watching in your garden – can you draw a picture of one of the birds you have seen.
- Go to the park - if it safe to do so.
- Have a picnic in your garden - wrap up warm
- Play catch outside with an adult, or have a snowball fight.
- Play I Spy outside.
- Plant the seeds from a fruit you have eaten
- Ride your bike.
- Sit outside with an adult and look at the stars at night - remember your blankets and hats.
- Take a walk in the woods.
- Wash one of your toys (bike, skateboard, scooter)
- Stand outside in your garden and record the different sounds you can hear.
- Create a picture from leaves and grass
- Splash in a puddle with your wellies on
And above all - HAVE FUN!!
Our third party sports co-ordinators, Pacesetters, have created daily health and well being activities. If you have missed any, or would like to try again, please visit their Youtube channel:
We have also listed below some websites who offer some fun activities for health and well-being, to keep the whole family moving, healthy and happy.