Free School Meals & Pupil Premium
All children in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2 are automatically entitled to free school meals under the Universal Infant Free School Meals scheme.
Pupil Premium - extra support for your child
You can apply for the Pupil Premium which provides your child's school with additional funding to support them.
Please be aware that a child must reside with the applicant to receive the Pupil Premium.
Your child's school may be entitled to pupil premium funding if you receive one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Child Tax Credit Only (with income up to £16,190) with no element of Working Tax Credit
- National Asylum Seekers Support
- Guarantee Element of the State Pension Credit
- Employment and Support Allowance (income related)
- Universal Credit (income dependant)
How does my school get the pupil premium for my child?
Infant years: reception, year 1 and year 2
All children at this age are eligible for free school meals so you will need to apply separately for the pupil premium for your child's school.
Please be aware that a child must reside with the applicant to receive the pupil premium.
North Northamptonshire Council
North Northamptonshire Council covers the following areas:
- East Northants
If your child attends a school based in one of the areas above.
Please visit their website below to make your application.